Just Write: Here's How! (Hardcover)
After writing more than one hundred books, it still amazes me that I have been lucky enough to spend most of my life doing what I truly love: writing.
What makes a writer? The desire to tell a story, a love of language, an eye for detail, practice, practice, practice. How well should you know your characters? Do you need to outline before you write? How important is length? Now Walter Dean Myers, the new National Ambassador for Young People's Literature and New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, walks you through the writing process.
- Examples from his writing and reading experiences
- Walter's six-box and four-box outlines for writing fiction and nonfiction
- Excerpted pages from Walter's own notebooks
- An afterword by Ross Workman, Walter's teen coauthor of kick
- Writing tips from both Walter and Ross
Anyone can be a writer, with a little help from Walter Dean Myers
Myers offers a wealth of advice that is professional and pragmatic and often couched in the context of his own work...Feeling that books saved his life, Myers now gives his readers the same opportunity through his advice and his largehearted example.”