Holiday Gift Wrapping Volunteers
Schuler Books & Music would like to extend an offer for fund raising to your organization. All throughout the year our stores offer free gift wrapping to customers. However during the holidays, the service is in such high demand, we invite volunteers from local non-profits to staff the gift wrap station and accept donations from customers for this service. The increased demand creates a need for more staff than we have, and the service itself is expanded so that customers are generally happy to make a donation. This is a great way for non-profits to raise funds, to get your name out in a new place, and to use your group’s social media to promote your presence in the community.
As we have in the past, the program is open to several different non-profits to time-share the slots available for staffing the gift wrap station. Please read the criteria below to see if this is a helpful opportunity for your organization.
- Please appoint one person to be the contact for your organization. This person is in charge of the scheduling of slots for your group, and to juggle any cancellations.
- Volunteers may staff the station any time the store is open at the following locations: 2660 28th Street SE, Meridian Mall, Okemos or Eastwood Towne Center, East Lansing.
- Volunteer gift wrapping begins after Thanksgiving and ends at close on December 24th.
- Time slots are generally 10 am – 2 pm; 2 pm – 6 pm; and 6 pm – 9pm. We schedule groups Monday – Sunday.
- Two volunteers should be assigned per time slot. This guarantees that at least one person from your organization will be able to keep this commitment and also ensures the station is adequately maintained during breaks or busy times.
- Once scheduled, we count on this volunteer assistance during our busiest time of year!
- If a volunteer is unable to come in for their shift, your organization is responsible for finding a replacement. We appreciate sufficient notice of canceled commitments. Your organization provides a valued service and we happily invite groups back each year on whom we can rely.
- Schuler Books & Music staff members are always on hand to give volunteers directions for wrapping and to aide them with other necessities that may arise.
- Wrapping shifts are allotted on a first come, first served basis. Schuler Books provides all wrapping materials.
- Plan to post times you will be gift wrapping on social media so your supporters know to come in during those times. Tag, tweet and # @Schuler Books and we can share your posts!
We try to fill all slots during every day, whether with 1 group or several taking turns throughout the day. We have found consistency is key to making this a place customers gravitate to. It’s the best way to keep all the volunteers busy wrapping. Knowing there is always someone on hand to wrap is the best way for us to promote the service and send customers to you. Thank you for considering gift wrapping with us as one of the fund raisers you do each year.
If you wish to participate, please contact us as soon as possible, at email@example.com.