Used Books & Media*
We offer 20% of the resale value of your books cash, or 30% in store credit. Store credit has no expiration date and can be used at any of our four Schuler Books & Music locations.
We offer 25% of the resale value of the media in cash, or 35% in store credit.
Books / media are evaluated on condition, our current inventory, current retail value and demand.
Please note that we do not do appraisals.
Additional guidelines may apply. Contact your local Schuler store for details.
We are unable to accept:
- Books (extensively creased, broken spines, heavily notated, loose pages, water/mildew damage)
- Media (scratched/damaged cases and promotional media, all media must have cover art)
- Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Computer/software Manuals
- Former Library Books (with library markings)
- Most Hardcovers Without dust jackets
Please expect a 25 minute to 45 minute wait most days that we buy books.
For more information, please email: Usedbooks@schulerbooks.com
Used Books Buying Hours
28th St.Please limit to 50 items (books & media combined) per household per day.
Please understand that the desk closes at 6pm, and that items cannot be kept overnight.
- Tuesday - Saturday from 1:00pm - 6:00pm
OkemosPlease limit to 25 books per person per visit
Please understand that the desk closes at 6 PM, and that books cannot be kept overnight.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 1:00pm - 6:00pm
PLEASE NOTE! In preparation for our upcoming inventory, our Lansing store will cease buying used items from Thursday, February 27 through Thursday, March 6th. We will resume our normal buying hours on Friday, March 7th. We apologize for any inconvenience.Limit of 25 items (books and media combined) per day per household.
An appointment is required for sale of used vinyl record albums.
- Monday - Saturday 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Sunday 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Browse Our Shelves
- Chapbook Cafe
- Publishing Services