The Green River Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 13 (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #2: The Western Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 2 (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #3: The Chisholm Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 3 (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #4: The Bandera Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 4 (Abridged / CD-Audio): $23.99
- #5: The California Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 5 (Paperback): $22.99
- #8: The Dodge City Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 8 (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #10: The Santa Fe Trail: The Trail Drive, Book 10 (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: The Abilene Trail: A Ralph Compton Novel by Dusty Richards (Trail Drive #17) (Abridged / MP3 CD): $16.07
The year was 1853. For handful of cowboys turned California Gold Rushers, it was time to go home. Then Lonnie Kilgore and his fellow Texans met Western legend and former mountain man Jim Bridger, who told them of a lush range waiting to be claimed in northern Utah. Now, the Texans have purchased land on the Green river and come to San Antonio to gather up some longhorns. But with Indian trouble, law trouble, and woman trouble along for the ride, the cowboys are finding out the truth about this paradise: to live on land you bought and paid for, you have to be willing to die...
About the Author
Ralph Compton stood six-foot-eight without his boots. His first novel in the Trail Drive series, The Goodnight Trail, was a finalist for the Western Writers of America Medicine Pipe Bearer Award for best debut novel. He was also the author of the Sundown Rider series and the Border Empire series. A native of St. Clair County, Alabama, Compton worked as a musician, a radio announcer, a songwriter, and a newspaper columnist before turning to writing westerns. He died in Nashville, Tennessee in 1998.