Storm Front (Dresden Files #1) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now. Click on title for location specific availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dresden Files series.
- #2: Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Grave Peril (Dresden Files #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Death Masks (Dresden Files #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Blood Rites (Dresden Files #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Dead Beat (Dresden Files #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Proven Guilty (Dresden Files #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: White Night (Dresden Files #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Small Favor (Dresden Files #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Turn Coat (Dresden Files #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Changes (Dresden Files #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Ghost Story (Dresden Files #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Cold Days (Dresden Files #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Skin Game (Dresden Files #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Peace Talks (Dresden Files #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Battle Ground (Dresden Files #17) (Paperback): $9.99
In the first novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files series, Harry Dresden’s investigation of a grisly double murder pulls him into the darkest depths of magical Chicago…
As a professional wizard, Harry Dresden knows firsthand that the “everyday” world is actually full of strange and magical things—and most of them don’t play well with humans. And those that do enjoy playing with humans far too much. He also knows he’s the best at what he does. Technically, he’s the only at what he does. But even though Harry is the only game in town, business—to put it mildly—stinks.
So when the Chicago P.D. bring him in to consult on a double homicide committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name...
“A great series—fast-paced, vividly realized and with a hero/narrator who’s excellent company.”—Cinescape
About the Author
A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives mostly inside his own head so that he can write down the conversation of his imaginary friends, but his head can generally be found in Independence, Missouri. Jim is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera novels, and the Cinder Spires series, which began with The Aeronaut’s Windlass.
Praise for the Dresden Files
“Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and Tanya Huff will love this series.”—Midwest Book Review
“Superlative.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.”—Cinescape
“Butcher...spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally-charged setting. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harry’s wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.”—Booklist (starred review)
“What’s not to like about this series?...It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.”—SF Site
“A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Longtime series fans as well as newcomers drawn by the SciFi Channel’s TV series based on the novels should find this supernatural mystery a real winner.”—Library Journal
“What would you get if you crossed Spenser with Merlin? Probably you would come up with someone very like Harry Dresden, wizard, tough guy and star of [the Dresden Files].”—The Washington Times