Cross Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel) (Hardcover)
This book is not available online.
Hard to Find - May be out of print.
Other Books in Series
- #1: Deja Dead: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #1) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #2: Death du Jour (A Temperance Brennan Novel #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Deadly Decisions (A Temperance Brennan Novel #3) (Mass Market): This book is not available online.
- #4: Fatal Voyage (A Temperance Brennan Novel #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Grave Secrets (A Temperance Brennan Novel #5) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #6: Bare Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #6) (Mass Market): This book is not available online.
- #7: Monday Mourning: A Tempe Brennan Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Cross Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Break No Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #9) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #10: Bones to Ashes: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Devil Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: 206 Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #12) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: Spider Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #14: Flash and Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: Bones Are Forever: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #16: Bones of the Lost: A Temperance Brennan Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: A Conspiracy of Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #19) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #20: The Bone Code: A Temperance Brennan Novel (CD-Audio): $29.99
A gripping and explosive new thriller from internationally acclaimed forensic anthropologist and New York Times bestselling author Kathy Reichs, featuring Temperance Brennan and Detective Andrew Ryan on the trail of a modern murder and an ancient biblical mystery...
When an Orthodox Jewish man is found shot to death in Montreal, Temperance Brennan is called in to examine the body and to figure out the puzzling damage to the corpse. Unexpectedly, a stranger slips her a photograph of a skeleton and assures her it is the key to the victim's death. Before she knows it, Tempe is involved in an international mystery as old as Jesus, and one that could lead to the rewriting of two thousand years of religious history.
As Tempe investigates, she learns that the stranger's picture shows bones uncovered during an archaeological dig. She discovers the Montreal shooting victim ran an import business that just might have been a front for the trading of black market antiquities. Along with Detective Andrew Ryan and biblical archaeologist Jake Drum, Tempe travels to Israel to probe the origins of the skeleton and the ancient crypt in which it was found. Together they make a startling discovery that raises radical questions about Christ's death and places them squarely in the middle of a swirling controversy. Could one of the tombs really be Christ's last resting place? Are the bones in the ancient ossuary the last remnants of James, the brother of Jesus, as the inscription claims? Or has someone concocted an elaborate hoax?
Using her skills as a forensic scientist, Tempe plunges into the most controversial case of her career. The stakes have never been higher -- the more she learns, the greater the danger. And though Ryan is sexier and more engaging than ever, he may not be able to protect Tempe in this place where there seem to be so many foes.
Cross Bones, with its lightning pace, intricately plotted story, riveting and state-of-the-art forensic detail, is Kathy Reichs's most compelling and dramatic novel yet.
About the Author
Kathy Reichs’s first novel Déjà Dead was a #1 New York Times bestseller and won the 1997 Ellis Award for Best First Novel. A Conspiracy of Bones is Kathy’s nineteenth entry in her series featuring forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. Kathy was also a producer of the hit Fox TV series, Bones, which is based on her work and her novels. Dr. Reichs is one of very few forensic anthropologists certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology. She served on the Board of Directors and as Vice President of both the American Academy of Forensic Sciences and the American Board of Forensic Anthropology, and as a member of the National Police Services Advisory Council in Canada. She divides her time between Charlotte, North Carolina, and Montreal, Québec.
"Such bloody good beach reading."
-- USA Today
"There's nothing like a morgue mystery to brighten up a summer day."
-- Entertainment Weekly
"Likely to leave you with the shivers of an ice storm."
"As good as Cornwell at her best."
-- Detroit Free Press
"The science is fascinating, and every minute in the morgue with Tempe is golden."
-- Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review