Clinical Consult to Psychiatric Mental Health Management for Nurse Practitioners (Paperback)
Convenient, practical, and portable
Revised and updated, the second edition of this practical resource remains the only advanced practice guide to provide an overview of the major DSM-5 disorders across the lifespan and complete clinical guidelines for their psychopharmacologic management. Compiled by expert practitioners in psychiatric care and pharmacy, it is designed specifically for use by nurse practitioners and other primary caregivers in clinical practice.
Organized for quick access to key information, the resource includes the clinical features of each disorder and symptoms and information about the most current and effective drugs for its management. Tables delineate the first and second lines of drug therapy along with adjunctive therapies for each disorder. Drugs are organized according to classification and include the essential information needed to safely prescribe and monitor a patient's response to a particular drug. Brand and generic names, drug class, customary dosage, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations are also addressed. Convenient, practical, and portable, this guide will be a welcome and frequently used resource.
- Delivers psychopharmacological treatment guidelines for major DSM-5 disorders and parameters for drug use
- Prioritizes drugs according to their clinical efficacy and recommended treatment algorithms
- Includes brand and generic names, dosages, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations
- Provides easy-to-read tables for quick clinical consultation
- Offers information on clinical algorithms, lab evaluation, and preventive services
- Addresses medical and legal pitfalls
- Purchase includes access to the eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers