A Companion to Fritz Lang (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) (Paperback)
Backordered - Please call the store for availability
This collection of critical essays offers an unrivalled and up-to-the-minute assessment of the prolific and resilient life and vision of one of cinema's greatest auteurs.
- The first edited collection of essays on Fritz Lang's body of work in over thirty years
- A comprehensive assessment of one of cinema's most influential figures
- Brings together key scholars, including Tom Gunning and Chris Fujiwara, to share their latest insights
- Features translated contributions from writers rarely rendered in English such as Nicole Brenez and Paolo Berletto
- Offers multinational and multi-perspectival analysis of Lang's oeuvre, including all his key films
About the Author
Joe McElhaney is Professor of Film Studies at Hunter College, City University of New York, USA, as well as in the Theater Program at CUNY's Graduate Center. A seasoned commentator on film, media, and the arts, Prof McElhaney is author of The Death of Classical Cinema: Hitchcock, Lang, Minnelli (2006), Albert Maysles (2009), and editor of Vincente Minnelli: The Art of Entertainment (2009).