Addiction Treatment Homework Planner (PracticePlanners) (Paperback)
Help clients suffering from chemical and nonchemical addictions develop the skills they need to work through problems.
The Addiction Treatment Homework Planner, Fifth Edition provides you with an array of ready-to-use, between-session assignments designed to fit virtually every therapeutic mode. This easy-to-use sourcebook features:
- 100 ready-to-copy exercises covering the most common issues encountered by clients suffering from chemical and nonchemical addictions, such as anxiety, impulsivity, childhood trauma, dependent traits, and occupational problems
- A quick-reference format--the interactive assignments are grouped by behavioral problems including alcoholism, nicotine dependence, and sleep disturbance as well as those problems that do not involve psychoactive substances, such as problem gambling, eating disorders, and sexual addictions
- Expert guidance on how and when to make the most efficient use of the exercises
- Assignments that are cross-referenced toThe Addiction Treatment Planner, Fifth Edition so you can quickly identify the right exercise for a given situation or problem
- All exercises are available online for you to download and customize to suit you and your clients' unique styles and needs
About the Author
JAMES R. FINLEY, MA, is a mental health and addictions therapist who has conducted individual, couples, family, and group therapy with adults, adolescents, and children in outpatient treatment, foster care, residential, and correctional settings. He is the author of Integrating the 12 Steps into Addiction Therapy and coauthor of The Addiction Counselor's Documentation Sourcebook, Second Edition, and the Veterans and Active Duty Military Psychotherapy Homework Planner. BRENDA S. LENZ, MS, is a licensed professional counselor and certified substance abuse counselor with extensive experience treating clients with co-occurring issues. She specializes in treating substance use disorders in college-aged students. She is coauthor of The Addiction Counselor's Documentation Sourcebook, Second Edition, published by Wiley. She currently works in a university counseling center and in private practice.