Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology: For Nursing and Healthcare Students (Paperback)
The third edition of Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology is a concise yet comprehensive introduction to the structure and function of the human body. Written with the needs of nursing and healthcare students in mind, this bestselling textbook incorporates clinical examples and scenarios throughout to illustrate how the topics covered are applied in practice. Hundreds of full-colour illustrations complement numerous case studies encompassing all fields of nursing practice, alongside learning outcomes, self-assessment tests, chapter summaries, and other effective learning tools.
This latest edition has been thoroughly updated by a team of international contributors to reflect the current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards for Education, with enhanced online learning resources including an image bank, a searchable online glossary, flashcards, interactive multiple-choice questions, and more. Offering a user-friendly introduction to anatomy and physiology, this textbook:
- Provides a variety of clinical scenarios and examples to relate theory to practice
- Outlines the disorders associated with each chapter's topic
- Presents information on medicines management for each body system
- Is written by an international team
- Features extensive supplementary online resources for both students and instructors
- Is available with accompanying study guide, Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology Workbook
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology is the perfect introduction to the subject for student nurses, particularly those in the first year of their course, healthcare assistants and nursing associates, and other allied health students.
About the Author
ABOUT THE EDITORS Ian Peate is Visiting Professor of Nursing, Visiting Senior Clinical Fellow, Editor-in-Chief of the British Journal of Nursing, and Head of School, School of Health Studies, Gibraltar. Suzanne Evans is Associate Professor and Director of Teaching & Learning, School of Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Australia.