UX Strategy: Product Strategy Techniques for Devising Innovative Digital Solutions (Paperback)
User experience (UX) strategy lies at the intersection of UX design and business strategy, but until now, there hasn't been an easy-to-apply framework for executing it. This hands-on guide introduces lightweight product strategy tools and techniques to help you and your team devise innovative digital solutions that people want.
Author Jaime Levy shows UX/UI designers, product managers, entrepreneurs, and aspiring strategists simple to advanced methods that can be applied right away. You'll gain valuable perspective through business cases and historical context. This second edition includes new real-world examples, updated techniques, and a chapter on conducting qualitative online user research.
- Define value propositions and validate target users through provisional personas and customer discovery techniques
- Explore marketplace opportunities by conducting competitive research and analysis
- Design experiments using rapid prototypes that are focused on the business model
- Conduct online user research to gain valuable insights quickly on any budget
- Test business ideas and validate marketing channels by running online advertising and landing page campaigns
About the Author
Jaime Levy is an author, university professor and a user experience strategist. For more than 25 years, Jaime has been a pioneer in the creation of innovative digital products and services. She runs her UX design and strategy consultancy out of Los Angeles, California. Her specialty is as a strategist and experience design lead for the implementation phase from anything from MVPs to insanely complicated large-scale transactional websites. Her employees and contractors have all been personally trained to deliver professional services while working as team players.Current/recent clients range from prestigious ad/interactive agencies (i.e. TBWA, Razorfish, Crispin Porter), Internet start-ups (i.e. TradeYa, Book Your Care, Plotto), and behemoth corporations (i.e. Cisco Systems, Sony, Honda).Jaime also teaches a graduate-level course on UX design and strategy at University of Southern California's Viterbi School of Engineering. Jaime speaks at design and innovation conferences worldwide and conducts public workshops and in-house training.