Fodor's Essential Scotland (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to explore Edinburgh, sip Scottish whisky, or hike the Highlands, the local Fodor's travel experts in Scotland are here to help Fodor's Essential Scotland guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Scotland travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 40 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONSon the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Scotland's Best Museums", "Scotland's Best Outdoor Adventures", and "Scotland's Best Castles"
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Playing Golf in Scotland", "Scottish Whisky","Outlander Filming Locations", and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Dundee, Angus, the Trossachs, Loch Lomond, Aberdeen, Inverness, Speyside, Loch Ness, the Highlands, Isle of Skye, and more
Planning on visiting the rest of Great Britain? Check out Fodor's Essential Great Britain, Fodor's Essential England, and Fodor's London.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us