Lonely Planet Australia 20 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Australiais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stake out a patch of sand on Bondi Beach before exploring the big-ticket sights of Sydney, dive into the dazzling ecosystem of the Great Barrier Reef, and drive along the Great Ocean Road spying the Twelve Apostles on the way - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Australia:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers: Sydney, New South Wales, Canberra, Queensland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Victoria, Tasmania, Adelaide, Darwin, the Northern Territory, Perth and the Outback.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Australia is our most comprehensive guide to Australia, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Sydney, our smaller guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a short visit or weekend trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)