Afrikaans vocabulary for English speakers - 5000 words (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned.)
5000-WORD ENGLISH-AFRIKAANS VOCABULARY
The use of this 5000 word Afrikaans vocabulary will allow you to understand simple texts and will give you much needed confidence in everyday conversation. Used in combination with a grammar course, it will aid in your ability to correctly compose many phrases. When watching Afrikaans films, you will begin to hear and understand more and more words and phrases. This guide will assist you in attaining a higher level of Afrikaans that will finally allow you to say: "I can speak Afrikaans "
T&P Books vocabularies are intended to help you learn, memorize and review foreign words
- The dictionary contains over 5000 commonly used words
- Recommended as additional support material to any language course
- Meets the needs of both beginners and advanced learners
- Convenient for daily use, reviewing sessions and self-testing activities
- Allows you to assess your current vocabulary
- This book can also be used by foreign learners of English
Special features of T&P Books bilingual vocabularies:
- Words are arranged according to their meaning, not alphabetically
- Content is presented in three columns to facilitate the reviewing and self-testing processes
- Each theme is composed of small blocks of similar lexical units
- The vocabulary offers a convenient and simple transcription for each foreign word
This revised edition (July 2017) contains 155 topics:
Basic Concepts, Numbers, Colors, Months, Seasons, Units of Measurement, Clothing & Accessories, Food & Nutrition, Restaurant, Family Members, Relatives, Character, Feelings, Emotions, Diseases, City, Town, Sightseeing, Shopping, Money, House, Home, Office, Working in the Office, Import & Export, Marketing, Job Search, Sports, Education, Computer, Internet, Tools, Nature, Countries, Nationalities and more ...
Our Afrikaans collection includes also vocabularies of 3000, 7000 and 9000 words. All these titles are available as printed books and e-books. For more information please visit www.tpbooks.com.
Afrikaans dictionary, Afrikaans vocabulary, Afrikaans phrasebook, learning Afrikaans, basic Afrikaans, books in Afrikaans, Afrikaans language