Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction (Hardcover)
This book is not available online.
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Designed to help students become effective, reflective practitioners, this fully updated edition of the most widely used occupational therapy text for the course continues to emphasize the “whys” as well as the “how-tos” of holistic assessment and treatment.
Now in striking full color and co-edited by renowned educators and authors Diane Powers Dirette and Sharon Gutman, Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction, Eighth Edition features expert coverage of the latest assessment techniques and most recent trends in clinical practice. In addition, the book now explicitly integrates “Frames of Reference” to help students connect theories to practice and features a new six-part organization, thirteen all-new chapters, new pedagogy, and more.
- NEW! An expert new co-editor team brings a breadth of experience to this edition.
- NEW! AFrames of Reference section shows students how to connect the concepts to actual practice.
- NEW!Five new chapters in Sections 1, 2, and 3 cover Documentation of Occupational Therapy Services (Chapter 6), Visual Perceptual Assessment and Intervention (Chapter 9), Communication Assessment and Intervention (18), Cranial Nerve Assessment (20), and Assistive Technology (Chapter 26).
- NEW! Eight new chapters in Sections 4, 5, and 6 cover Biomechanical, Rehabilitation: Motor Learning and Task-Oriented Approach; Functional Uses of Neurological Approaches; Diabetes; Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias; Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia; Sleep Disorders Secondary to Orthopedic and Neurological Disorders; and Psychosocial Adaptation to Disability.
- NEW! Major updates to the coverage of Rehabilitation Technology prepare students for practice in today’s rapidly changing environment.
- NEW! Online videos are now referred to at relevant areas of the text to further reinforce concepts and bring techniques to life.
- Case Examples describe both the OT process and the clinical reasoning behind the interventions.
- Evidence tables summarize research studies to equip students with the best evidence for the effectiveness of the interventions.
- Assessment tables highlight the psychometric properties and the strengths and weaknesses of individual assessment methods.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.