Congratulations on publishing your book!
You are about to embark on the next stage of your adventure, getting readers ready and eager to read your work. It is our experience that this step of the process is most successful if you are actively promoting your book. We know that when you spread the word about your book and get readers excited by discussing it, they can’t wait to connect with your writing. So, by all means start the conversation with the community about your book. As the awareness and momentum grow, that is when you will need a convenient and trusted place for readers to purchase your book. Schuler Books can be that place for you. Our consignment program offers your readers a place to connect to and interact with your book.
The consignment program is structured to give you a chance to see the results of your targeted marketing campaign. We keep the book on our shelves for an initial period of 3 months. The agreement will be extended or closed based on sales reports. There is a one-time stocking fee of $25 to place your book on the shelves. You determine the retail price of the book. You will receive 60% of the retail price of the book, and we will retain the remaining 40% of the retail price. Proceeds resulting from sales will be distributed quarterly in April, July, October, and January. We ask that you pick up any proceeds within 14 days of notification. It is your responsibility to keep Schuler Books informed of any changes to your contact information.
If this sounds like the program you are looking for, please take a moment to look over the attached form, and make an appointment to bring in 2 or 3 copies of your title. We will sign a copy of the consignment agreement at this appointment. Typically, it takes one to two weeks for new books to be processed and put on our shelves. As with all inventory in our stores, we retain the right to make any final decision about what books we carry. We base our decision on whether the book fits our store’s philosophy and our known market
When the terms of our agreement reach their conclusion, we ask that you pick up any copies remaining in our care within 30 days of notification. If you are not able to pick them up in this time frame we will dispose of any unclaimed titles.
For prospective authors looking to get published, Schuler Books offers a self-publishing program. The details are available on our website here.
If you have any questions or are ready to set up an appointment, please contact the location where you would like to place your book:
Grand Rapids: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Arbor: email@example.com
West Bloomfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The West Bloomfield store is tentatively expected to begin accepting appointments for consignments in June, 2023. Someone will respond to your email as soon as possible.
Please include a brief synopsis of your book and a description of your target audience with your request for an appointment.