Taste of Tucson (Kobo eBook)
- Author cooks, styles and photographs food in her natural-light studio and documents food & travel on location.
- UNESCO designated Tucson as the first capitol of gastronomy.
- Edited and designed by former Williams Sonoma cookbook developers, this will be gifty and luxe produced.
- Her popular food photography and recipe blog “Jackie’s Happy Plate”, showcases her culinary adventures as a Midwesterner transplanted to the Sonoran Desert. She is especially interested in the emotional, psychological and spiritual relationship that people have with food and drink. Food lends itself to vast symbolism and interpretation and she loves the rituals surrounding it.
- She has been featured in articles for Reader’s Digest, CNN, Good Morning America, The New York Times & NPR. Her food blog, Jackie’s Happy Plate has been featured in numerous online publications including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Glamour, Better Homes and Gardens, MSN, Brit + Co. and Buzzfeed Food.
- Her editorial and advertising photography clients include: Random House, Knopf, Simon & Schuster, The Globe Pequot Press, Quirk Books, Sterling Publishing, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Canyon Ranch Health Resorts, Arizona Tourism, Loews Hotels, NBC/Universal, Epicurious.com, AARP Magazine and The U.S. White House.
- Her book project, Angry Birds; Bad Piggies’ Egg Recipes, won “Best First Cookbook in the World” at the 2011 Gourmand Cookbook Awards. The Bad Piggies Best Egg Recipes app, released in October, 2012, which she photographed and edited, is the best-selling cookbook app in the USA, China and numerous other countries.
- She is the recipient of numerous awards from American Photography, The Photographer’s Master Cup, ASMP and the International Photography Awards (Lucie’s). In 2004 she received the the Black & White Spider Award’s, Merit of Excellence, and in 2001 was awarded a bronze medal from the London Photographic Awards.