Opportunities With Us
Schuler Books & Music is one of the nation's largest independent bookstores with three locations throughout western and mid-Michigan.
We are always looking for bright, proactive, cheerful people who are dedicated to a high degree of customer service and who share our love for books. We can offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging, mentally stimulating, culturally diverse and friendly environment.
Our hiring needs vary throughout the year, so we keep applications on file for 90 days.
Booksellers: Please come into the nearest Schuler location to fill out an application. Please note that the application process can take up to 90 minutes to complete.
Bookkeeper: Schuler Books, Michigan’s largest independent bookseller with three stores in Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Ann Arbor, seeks a detail oriented, responsible and experienced person to fill the position of bookkeeper.
The candidate must have 3+ years of relevant experience. A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred. Microsoft Excel proficiency is a must. Intuitive thinking, problem solving, and a results driven orientation would be especially valued.
• Monthly journal entries and distributions to GL
• Month end adjusting entries, reconciliations, and closing
• Year end adjusting entries, inventory reconciliation, and closing
• Year end work with CPA
• Maintain fixed assets
• Budget preparation and variance reporting
• Financial reporting and financial metrics
• Reporting to federal, state and local tax agencies
• Other required governmental reporting, including reporting to government agencies and
miscellaneous income reporting to individuals
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com