We buy only books we feel are able to be resold. Due to changing market conditions and inventory levels, it is impossible to say what we will be interested in on any given day.
We offer 20% of the resale value of your books cash, or 30% in store credit. Store credit has no expiration date and can be used at either of our two Schuler Books locations.
Books are evaluated on condition, our current inventory, current retail value and demand.
Please note that we do not do appraisals.
Additional guidelines may apply. Contact your local Schuler store for details.
We are unable to accept:
- Damaged books (extensively creased, broken spines, heavily notated, loose pages, water/mildew damage)
- Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Computer/software Manuals
- Former Library Books (with library markings)
- Most Hardcovers Without dust jackets
- We do not accept DVDs or CDs
Please expect a 25 minute to 45 minute wait most days that we buy books.
For more information, please email: Usedbooks@schulerbooks.com
Used Books Buying Hours
Grand Rapids — 28th St.
*Used Book Buying in Grand Rapids will be CLOSED for store inventory beginning February 28. Stay tuned for our reopen date announced via social media.*
- Drop off your books any time on your assigned day (no early/late drop offs—if you miss your day, you'll need to make a new appointment)
- Expect to wait 2+ days for us to process your books after you drop them off
- Spaces are limited to 15 appointments per drop off day
- If you have multiple bags/boxes, label all with the customer's name
- Appointments are limited to one per household per week
*Used Book Buying in Okemos will be CLOSED from March 5 – 10 for store inventory. We will reopen for appointments on March 11.*
Used Book Buying is open Wednesday-Saturday by appointment only. Call 517.349.8840 to set up your appointment.
- We will be scheduling only the current week. New slots will open each Monday.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Limit one appointment per seller per week.
- Limit 25 books per appointment.
- Missed appointments will only be rescheduled if there are still open appointments in the week.
- Expect to wait 20 minutes to 1 hour for us to finish with your books.
- All books and credit must be picked up before close on the same day.
- These processes and guidelines may be updated without warning. Please check back here or call the store for the most current information.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate reopening!