We buy only books & media we feel are able to be resold. Due to changing market conditions and inventory levels, it is impossible to say what we will be interested in on any given day.
We offer 20% of the resale value of your books cash, or 30% in store credit. Store credit has no expiration date and can be used at either of our two Schuler Books locations.
We offer 25% of the resale value of the media in cash, or 35% in store credit.
Books / media are evaluated on condition, our current inventory, current retail value and demand.
Please note that we do not do appraisals.
Additional guidelines may apply. Contact your local Schuler store for details.
We are unable to accept:
- Books (extensively creased, broken spines, heavily notated, loose pages, water/mildew damage)
- Media (scratched/damaged cases and promotional media, all media must have cover art)
- Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Computer/software Manuals
- Former Library Books (with library markings)
- Most Hardcovers Without dust jackets
- for Okemos only we do not accept DVDs and or CDs
Please expect a 25 minute to 45 minute wait most days that we buy books.
For more information, please email: Usedbooks@schulerbooks.com
Used Books Buying Hours
28th St.Please limit to 25 items (books & media combined) per household per day.
Please understand that the desk closes at 5:30pm, and that items cannot be kept overnight.
- Tuesday - Saturday from 1:00pm - 5:30pm
- Grand Rapids: The Used Book Desk is closed Friday, August 9. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Okemos location does NOT purchase CDs or DVDs.
Please, call ahead to make sure space is available if you are making a special trip to sell books.
Please limit to 25 books per person per visit.
Please understand that the desk closes at 6 PM, and that books cannot be kept overnight.
- Wednesday - Saturday, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm