We buy only books & media we feel are able to be resold. Due to changing market conditions and inventory levels, it is impossible to say what we will be interested in on any given day.
We offer 20% of the resale value of your books cash, or 30% in store credit. Store credit has no expiration date and can be used at either of our two Schuler Books locations.
We offer 25% of the resale value of the media in cash, or 35% in store credit.
Books / media are evaluated on condition, our current inventory, current retail value and demand.
Please note that we do not do appraisals.
Additional guidelines may apply. Contact your local Schuler store for details.
We are unable to accept:
- Books (extensively creased, broken spines, heavily notated, loose pages, water/mildew damage)
- Media (scratched/damaged cases and promotional media, all media must have cover art)
- Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Computer/software Manuals
- Former Library Books (with library markings)
- Most Hardcovers Without dust jackets
- for Okemos only we do not accept DVDs and or CDs
Please expect a 25 minute to 45 minute wait most days that we buy books.
For more information, please email: Usedbooks@schulerbooks.com
Used Books Buying Hours
Grand Rapids — 28th St.
Used Book Buying is open Sunday-Thursday by appointment only. Call 616.942.2561 to set up your appointment.
- Drop off your books any time on your assigned day (no early/late drop offs—if you miss your day, you'll need to make a new appointment)
- Expect to wait 2+ days for us to process your books after you drop them off
- Spaces are limited to 15 appointments per drop off day
- If you have multiple bags/boxes, label all with the customer's name
- Appointments are limited to one per household per week
Okemos: Used Book Buying appointments are fully booked for the rest of 2020. We will reopen Used Book Buying in the new year, please stay tuned on social media for updates.